Thoughts of a Stadia user

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
So I chose Stadia as my platform of choice but I also have GFN downloaded in case there's some game that releases that I really like and won't be available on Stadia. I chose Stadia because I'm a fan of Google and I never had a gaming PC so I didn't already have a library of steam games built up.

That being said, I think it's stupid that publishers are pulling games from GFN. I truly want it to succeed just as much as Stadia. It's an awesome service and the competition it provides to Stadia will lead to the improvement of Stadia and more successful game streaming services means more options of games to play and more ways to play. I also like xCloud for these same reasons. Us gamers should stick together no matter which way we choose to play. We are all in it for the same reason, to enjoy video games.

I'm with y'all in the fight to stop publishers pulling games from GFN.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
Yea that's what's so awesome about this tech. You don't need to spend $100s or $1000s in consoles or PC. You will in the near future be able to use them all for free or low monthly rates and just spend on the games you want rather then the hardware to play it.

I also believe it's not just the devs and publishers we have to worry about but other gamers. Streaming services are seen as a joke in the console/PC community. Gamers need to come together and realize streaming is a good alternative.

Also it should never be a direct threat because competitive gaming will always happen on local hardware and gaming PCs will always have potential for best graphics/frames.

Coatsink22

Jun 22, 2019
I want to use them all as well but hope Sony goes all in with PS5 Cloud that allows us to play all our digital purchases. I never want to use a Netflix style model for gaming. It often takes me years to finish a game and they get pulled from such services too quickly ala GoW and U4 from PSNow in January after heavily advertising those games after Stadia launch...

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
Have you not considerered trying shadow yet too? I went from ps now, to ge force, and then shadow once I realized I could play any game on it. For me, the ps now or xcloud combo with shadow is great, cause I get my library and then also two Netflix-like services for just fucking around in games I don’t necessarily care about buying. Not sure what’s on PlayStation at the moment, but for a while there they had god of war and gta 5. I started streaming cause I didn’t have a PS4 anymore due to financial reasons, and now I think I may not buy another console until the next generation. And it’ll have to be good, because streaming at this point is good enough for even online tekken 7 (at my low level rank lol), on both ps now, shadow, or ge force. They’ve all been 100 percent playable for me.

One thing I will say though (as a Mac user), the option where GE Force gets direct access to the mouse makes a big difference when compared to shadow

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
Tbf, the hate is greater toward Stadia user. Most of toxic user are coming from PC, console, and Geforce Now in my opinion.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
Stadia announced their free tier in June 2019 before GFN announced pricing at all. GFN was in a free beta however so I'm not sure.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Unique features, great ui (click one link to play), great input latency, games made for it will utilize the cloud in ways games made for pc, or console will knot be able too, Dedicated ai processing for example. Possibility for many more players on one server. Stadia is designed from the ground up to utilize the cloud where other services are adapting existing hardware to the cloud. Another example is stadia allows devs to make games up to 1TB in size. Right now games pushing 150gb can be a pain to deal with on pc and console.

Jun 22, 2019
The fact that you can basically play console games on your phone or potato computer.

It works and it's so simple to use. I literally start it up and in the game playing within like 20 to 30 seconds.

Also I like the potential it has to bring back couch co op, and having the power of the cloud in the future maybe we can see things like fully destructible environments, etc...

No worrying about storage space or downloads.

Fact that Google can upgrade hardware and I don't have to go out and buy new equipment.

It shares a lot of similarities with GFN in those regards and like I said, I didn't have any games purchased that could be used on GFN so I'd be buying any games I wanted to play regardless of the service I chose. Stadia happened to release first (outside of beta) and I happened to have a pixel phone, ccu, google home speakers, etc... I'm already in the Google ecosystem.

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
Stadia isn't killing GFN. Publishers/Devs removing games from the service is. Luckily there's some game companies like Epic and CD Project Red that actually care about gamers instead of profit.

Also Stadia has had a rough start but there's been good announcements. They opened a second games studio for first party titles, started rolling out 4k over the web, soon to release base, giving out pro membership go ccu owners, division 2 and dlc coming to Stadia this month with crossplay, etc...