Stadia is good for the gaming industry and we would be smart to support it.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
Not seeing too much conversation going around about the Stadia. Google has been hyping the new service up recently with the announcement of the founders pack and revealing [current and upcoming games that will be available](https://m.ign.com/wikis/stadia-google-game-console/List_of_Google_Stadia_Games:_Announced_and_Confirmed).

This benefits us as the consumers greatly because

1. The list of games seem potentially good, with an even larger amount of support possibly arriving if Stadia becomes large enough, creating a fourth (fifth if you include pc) competitor in gaming

2. The cost of service is 9.99 monthly, this is very close to the price we already pay for online on current systems (switch excluded as being the lowest priced). This will inevitably make people question whether to buy the next generation of. Consoles. Why buy the ps5 or the nextxbox when i can pay monthly and already have the newest games? What this basically means is that the new generations will be forced to either

A. Lose customers

Or

B. Adapt and either lower prices, or provide more value for the customer.

Let’s talk about some downsides:

1. Internet speeds are going to be a huge factor in whether people decide to support it. Website says the requirement for 4K HDR 60fps is about 30Mbps. I’m assuming that’s excluding online play, so we could potentially need more

2. Exclusives. Microsoft and Sony both push exclusives. The value of Stadia is there, but will we see titles that give us extra value over the competition?

3. Price ramp up. This part is particularly scary. Imagine you adopt Stadia and buy a complete library of games. Then the monthly service price doubles. Do you drop all of your games?

As of right now, the very least we can do is give Stadia the benefit of the doubt and hope that the competition reacts accordingly. More competition in the gaming market is a huge positive. After having written this, i’ve decided to purchase the Stadia service.I might be in the minority right now, but i’ve always been interested in new gaming products and supporting new ideas. I own the Ouya (many regrets) and also own a few vr headsets.

What do you think? Voice your biggest concerns, and what has you interested.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
I agree with you. The largest concern is that if you lose your playlists, it’s a not a big deal. But if the monthly price for a service on videogames increases, you potentially lose hundreds of dollars just because you want to cancel. Hard to say where Google’s ethics are when it comes to subscription services.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
I’m hoping they improve their current monthly plans.

I’m supporting the competition that will come with stadia more than anything else.

A price cut for your monthly ps+ subscription to undercut Stadia or including more benefits into the subscription. People get really upset about Stadia, but any kind of competition will make your favorite console work harder to keep you as a loyal customer.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
I have my doubts too. But i’m going purely off of the [information on their site](https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition?utm_source=googlesem&utm_medium=google_oo&utm_campaign=GS102673&utm_term=search&utm_content=US-EN&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-NWihKXW4gIVBMpkCh3PiA5QEAAYASAAEgL-fvD_BwE), which may or may not be biased.

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
I’m going purely on the information on [the site](https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition?utm_source=googlesem&utm_medium=google_oo&utm_campaign=GS102673&utm_term=search&utm_content=US-EN&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-NWihKXW4gIVBMpkCh3PiA5QEAAYASAAEgL-fvD_BwE)

Until we actually have Stadia in our homes, it’s really difficult to gauge how fast our internet needs to be. Their website could definitely be fluff.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
That’s really rough. That’s going to be a tough hurdle.

Maybe you can try it after 5G releases across all carriers. Rumor is it will be a game changer to home internet.

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
I agree, ownership is a much better option, and yes steam isn't technically owning because of DRMs it's better than paying for something every month when I can make a one time payment and be done with it.

Coatsink22

Jun 22, 2019
So you’re taking black friday deals and paying a year forward and using that as a direct comparison of month-to-month. That’s a bit of a stretch.

I agree on the other points. You might be a smart shopper, but i can guarantee you a majority of people are not and just let their monthly payments for their kids ps+ run without any complaints.

Jun 22, 2019
This tells me everything I need to know, OP.

That i like supporting products that try to advance one of my favorite hobbies?

Vr is bigger than people could’ve imagined years ago. If it wasn’t for those first people buying the dk1 of the rift we wouldn’t have psvr or any other headsets.

Sorry i believe in the advancement of gaming. But i’m glad i put my money in these kind of projects. So i don’t know what you’re trying to get at when i clearly state that i am in the minority, but still fully support the Stadia all the same.