Stadia got me interested in stream gaming, i just bought a shield tv box with ge force now and its amazing

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
I dont intend to cancel my stadia pre order but boy do this android box delivers! Im puzzled i didnt heard of this before now.

Just the fact you can stream on your tv your steam library and battle net/ blizzard games is mindblowing. I didnt own a pc for like 4 years and being able to play AAA pc games on a 200 ish$ android box is a dream come true.

Super easy and compatible with every accessories you can think of!

Anyhow with these 2 services ill be covered..il will not buy a next console...

Im curious how stadia librairie will compare

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
Shield works great here, but that's probably because I live near (or, not so far from) a server. I tried PlayStation Now and despite my fiber 100 mbs+ connection, the lag was quite bad as the servers were all in distant North America.

So before trying any of these services, check if the company has servers close to you first. Not even the best connection can beat bad latency. Hopefully Google's infrastructure means Stadia will be a step ahead in this regard.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
I've had the opposite experience. I don't have a shield but streaming via GeForce now was unplayable and just a poor experience all around. Long start up times, crappy desktop app, glitchy and massive input lag despite good ping/packet loss. Project stream worked great.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
Hah I did the same thing. Helped pay for it and haven’t missed it. I really hope to be able to use it with stadia because then I’ll have the ultimate setup.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
You can sign up for the wait just, usually takes a couple of weeks before you get an invite.

I use both on my shield and my windows PC.

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
Not yet very knowledgable about the shield, bought it yesterday. But you can go on nvidia website and there is a complete list of game compatible with ge force now.

The way it i play steam games:

Once in the nvidia games folder at the very bottom there is the " game store" sub-folder

You click on steam, you create an account or just log in, then you play directly on the steam launcher.

I can see my steam games in the steam launcher, i never bothered trying to look at my librairie elsewhere yet

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
A shame Shadow offers no free trial. You have to pay up upfront without even knowing if the service is good enough.