My opinion on stadia as a day 1 player.

Jun 22, 2019
Stadia has worked for me since the very first day. Extremely easy setup. No issues. Whether it was CCU/TV or Chromebooks or PC. For the initial setup. That is because I already had 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi already separates I had my dns set to googles and I have no data cap mixed with 1gb internet speed. The only problem I had was the first day my controller would randomly disconnect. I was able to have 4 stadia running at once in my house with no hiccups. It was amazing. As for the actual setup and streaming it works great. I would recommend to all. Turn off HDR when first starting stadia because it sucks at the moment.

Now for graphics. The graphics are good. But not great. Some have higher FPS than others it would seem. But that is due to game devs porting. It feels like each game should have its view distance turned down because it just artifacts most of the time. But that could be because stream compression or poor optimization.

Now for input lag. Playing destiny 2 and division 2 I don’t experience anything noticeable. (I play competitive pc games moba/CS go/siege). Assassins creed feels extremely clunky for some reason. And metro exodus feels terrible and disappointing. But I believe they both feel terrible because they are poorly ported not utilizing stadias actual hardware.

Now for multiplayer.. I would not buy a single multiplayer game unless it has crossplay otherwise you will rarely find a match until population expands. I have returned a few game’s due to lack of multiplayer community. Division 2 is what will be grabbing most of my stadia play(multiplayer) because of the crossplay. Matchmaking has been instant!!.

The state of actual games releasing. I am a very patient person and I am actually extremely happy with how games are releasing. AAA games and indie games. I am not much of a indie gamer but I will absolutely try them because I never know if I may find a hidden gem. Such as gylt. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I expected a lot less games and have had low expectations since it was such a low investment.

I think division 2s release of crossplay was a huge turning point for stadias multiplayer. It’s great and I believe this cloud console can thrive with advancements in every direction. Especially with WiFi 6 speed and 5g Incoming.

I do believe google will keep the games coming that is the easy part. The player base and our societal development are the 2 biggest factors. For example. My city has delayed and actually taken down a few 5g towers because the city doesn’t want them. I am unsure why. And many places still have data caps and many people game wirelessly so until WiFi 6 is the standard in homes and all devices support it that will be an issue. Because the current AC WiFi sucks for stadia.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
I'd point to The Division 2 as a hopeful sign. It runs at 60 FPS, something like 1800P upscaled to 4K, settings seem to be set to at least HIGH (maybe better) and loading times are night and day when compared to playing on Xbox One X. Also it has that game stream picture-in-picture feature you can't get in any other version of the game.

If every port was of this quality I'd be more all-in on Stadia. I like it; but it certainly hasn't become my main way of gaming.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
You won't really be able to tell how a streaming service will work for you from reviews or from the speed of your internet connection. You have to try it out yourself which is hardest with Stadia but I guess will be easiest with Stadia if they add links to demos?

Coatsink

Jun 22, 2019
Yea i tried it got better but still a slight delay. It’s playable to most. But just not for me.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
The free tier for Stadia is on its way this year, then you'll be able to test without buying the package. They're not trying to attract all users at the moment. They want to get the experience right before rolling it out to everyone.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
I was on the same boat mate. Just keep your eyes peeled and you may grab a code from one of many good souls in here, like I did. I've got too much hardware at home so I want just the service, and boy is it good... I've bought RDR2 today and started playing within minutes on my phone using xbox one s controller, then switched to my laptop and continued from there straight away without reloading check points or anything.. How bloody cool is that? Imho at the moment Stadia is much better than gfn or xcloud in terms of picture quality and input lag, so I'm staying. I just hope for more games to be released, but I'm a believer now.

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
Pretty much only destiny 2. And division 2 most of the time. And On the CHrome cast not on the pc. The pc always feels a little bit delayed but I guess that’s the browser part. I have a beast of a pc so it’s just the browser hurdles.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
I have the ax11000 currently. And yea AC 5ghz currently is enough but I was talking about the average consumer house hold. Should have clarified. With how things are set up for families and how 2.4 and 5 aren’t separated by default AC isn’t viable for them. Because they aren’t aware of router placement or settings. the average family user.