Moderators, can we please get a sticky FAQ? This it's sub is in dire need.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
Every other post is "Can i run x?" Add "is my X good enough?"

I've been pasting this reply
>---

Stadia model is a store, you buy games. Stadia is not a device.:

* There is no access fee to play them on your streaming devices.
* You do not need to subscribe to play.
* You do not need a Stadia controller to play.
* Obviously, you need to maintain an internet connection to play your games. 5Mbps is supported, 35Mbps is recommended for highest quality.
* Play all of the games you've *purchased* on any Stadia-supported device. More compatible devices added over time.
* All capable games will be offered at up to 4K/HDR, as many as 60fps, with surround sound, depending on your subscription level.
* The games play at the same quality level regardless of the device they're playing on.
* The only thing that changes is the resolution and smoothness of the video you're receiving, from a minimum of 480p to a maximum of 2160p.
* Google is engaging with publisher partnerships to allow separate subscription services (like Uplay+) to be playable through Stadia for their respective subscribers.
* Publishers are free to allow cross-saves between other versions of their games, though this may be rare.

Stadia is a service, it runs your games. Stadia is not a device.:

* If you can launch Chrome, you'll be able to play your game.
* If you can run the Stadia App, you'll be able to play your game.
* You must be online to use Chrome or the Stadia App.

Stadia does not have traditional system requirements. Stadia is not a device.:

Stadia is running your games, far away in a server. Stadia is not a device.:

The Stadia controller, is an optional accessory. The controller is not the Stadia because Stadia is not a device.:

* When used at home the controller connects directly to the internet via WiFi.
* Connecting directly to WiFi sends your inputs to the Stadia server and reduces the time needed to register inputs, resulting in better latency.
* There is not as of 6/11/2019 a clear answer about the controller's use without wifi, but you'll need internet to use Stadia anyway.
* Because the Stadia controller is tied to the Stadia service, and not the device you are running the service on, switching between devices will be instant, and should not require synchronizing the controller between devices.
* There is no answer yet about headset usability when using the Stadia controller, though they've talked about online play so it will be figured out soon.

The optional **Stadia Pro** service is $10 monthly.

* Again, the Pro service is optional, for enhanced streaming/store features.
* That $10 gives you better quality video/audio.
* Pro is not required for online multiplayer.
* Games offered through Stadia's Publisher partnerships (like UPlay+, which requires a separate fee) are expected to benefit from Pro's benefits.
* Occasional discounts on store purchases, just like EA's Origin Access or XBL Gamepass.
* Access to a library of select full games, just like EA's Origin Access or XBL Gamepass.

First few months *will* be paid only, while the service stabilizes, but after launch window, the **Stadia Base** service is free:

* Play all of the games you've *purchased* on any Stadia-supported device. More compatible devices added over time.
* Lower video/sounds resolution, but still at 60fps.
* No access to the Pro library's "free" games.
* Games offered through Stadia's Publisher partnerships are not expected to require Pro (Despite services like Uplay+ having their own, separate fee).
* Stadia Base includes free online multiplayer.
* Unless you want in on launch day, there is no required subscription fee for Stadia.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Thank you.

Part of my livelihood is explaining technology and products to clients in a way that sells the what and why of a service, but also imparts a basic understanding of *how*. A the very least, I will never use wording that allows me to be misquoted in terms of what a product/service does. So, I offer the following critiques:

* FAQ doesn't really answer the "Can I run X on my Y" question that keeps popping up. People are, to put it politely, "under-educated" when it comes to what the cloud means. They want to know if their 12 dollar chrome book will run Doom.

* The FAQ should explain explicitly that their hardware isn't *running* anything. If they can watch a video on chrome, they can play through Stadia. At least, after the full launch.

* I think we should also start to use the terminology "through Stadia" rather than "on Stadia" -- "on Stadia" sounds like you buy something to play games on, "through" indicates it's a service.

* Explain again that it is a store, because people are going to be upset and confused when they can't import their Steam games or whatever into the Stadia service.

* Whatever the best info we have about Publisher Library partnerships, like Uplay+, because that's already turning into a can of worms.

* Prepare for it to be read by 100,000+ new users in November when friends' friends are getting their hardware in and people want to know how to use Stadia and why they aren't allowed to until next year.

* Whenever we reference a point, link to **Official** charts/infographics/youtube quotes.

MOST importantly:

* The FAQ should really be Stickied, or at the *least* referenced on the sidebar. The thread has already been pushed out of the front.