How is stadia supposed to compete with series X and ps5?

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
This is a legit question and in no case i want to start flame, im seriously asking what can be the strong point of stadia once the next gen drops? power wise series X looks like a monster and will perform better than stadia (if stadia doesnt upgrade all the servers), game wise microsoft and sony have a much larger catalogue of games and player base... so how can stadia compete?

Coatsink22

Jun 22, 2019
True the past three month have been somewhat underwhelming, but I’m still holding onto Stadia, but will definitely be getting a PS5 as well.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
case closed.

But Stadia is barely competitive performance wise vs. current gen consoles, let alone next gen.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
The Stadia games are still very underwhelming. The games coming in March aren't that exciting either. Shouldn't surprise anyone that being a game platform it needs games.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
But are those people who aren't buying consoles going to be the type that want a console experience? That's the big question that has yet to be answered. There's a lot of people who play games and don't want to play console-style games. Is the console price that much of a barrier, or is lack of interest the barrier? Stadia solves the first, not the second.

Jun 22, 2019
I just have my doubts about exactly how many people there are that are so casual that they don't want dedicated hardware but are hardcore enough to want to play the sorts of games that sell consoles. I don't see the average Candy Crusher being all that interested in the latest Souls-like, for example.

Maybe the Sports gaming crowd, but you'd think they'd be more interested in a service directly from EA or 2K instead of something like Stadia.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
Pretty beefy PC, two screens, laptop connected through Synergy, owner of many devices of various brands and generations, have the economy to buy any device or system that I'd like, and.. *Stadia is for me.*

It's silly to think that having other stuff would prevent someone from enjoying Stadia and your friend is a fool, if that's his only reason to avoid it.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
This is exactly correct. Although one day they may not want all that crap anymore or their significant other may not like it. Then cloud gaming will become a viable option but not atm for them. 10 years ago I wouldn't have needed cloud gaming either. Not saying there won't be outliers but gaming gets harder when you get older unfortunately.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
Its like the hardcore DVD/Bluray collector asking who is Netflix for. It reached some new audiences and some people adapted to its simplicity.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
looks cool! however it means google should be able to get the multyplatform games at the very same day and price of the competitors. That way one can jump on stadia and instantly play the game!