Honest Opinion: Do you think, that Stadia can/will coexist just fine with PC Gaming and Consoles?

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
And by coexist i mean like Mobile/Smartphone gaming coexisting with PC/Consoles and **not** kill them off, atleast that's what i hope.

Jun 22, 2019
Absolutely! This is a good perspective. I'm hopeful that stadia will upgrade their servers and hardware components to compete against the xbox x. Load times are already phenomenal, now if the graphics could be enhanced I'd love a good native 4k

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
I think that is true for at least the next 5 years but I think it’ll go further, as Virtual Servers have been used for the majority of business and cloud infrastructure continues to grow, not to mention internet speed and reliability increases, I think many people will begin to have nothing more than a zero client attached to a monitor and input device and use virtual desktops. It will never fully go away but I think those that have physical machines will be the minority kinda like those that still have a Netflix dvd plan.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
Yes anyone that thinks sreaming will kill physical hardware is delusional.

Streaming works and works great and has the potential to be the dominant format but local hardware will always exist at least in the PC space.

My issue with this is that I can totally see the options being taken away from us, at least by the big publishers, if they opt to go streaming only, and I think the only limiter there for now is that it's not economically viable to make that switch *yet*, they'd lose out too much by doing that right now, but as streaming grows, that becomes more and more likely.

I say this mainly because I expect the draw of No Piracy and Full Control over their game to be immense enough that it's worth the switch eventually. Heck the control alone means mods and cheats go out the window so they can just sell those to us in microtransactions (which they're already doing now where they can), or fully control what and how much a mod can be modded (like only certain asset changes or something).

On top of that, depending how the game streaming is delivered they could get a bigger cut. If they're the only ones supplying it on their own streaming service (I have no doubt big publishers will go this way) that's 100% off every game. Alternatively if they instead back something akin to Geforce Now, that only delivers streaming for a price but only works with a copy sold from the publishers store, that's also 100% of the profits.

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
There simply isn't a good ISP infrastructure for streaming to be good outside of cities in most of the US.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
...in future will "kill" (replace them ) them both - cloud gaming will get better and will become more cheap to entry - and will not be anymore a reason to spend loads of £ on a pc/console local - that if cloud gaming and local internet work hand in hand and things really will go faster and smarter - and like we can see in the past they do - remember remeber the 5th of November (OnLive) (

Coatsink

Jun 22, 2019
Yep. Many people who are against it are in the mindset that if it's not for them or the people they know, it's for no one. It is a natural way of thinking but very limiting.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
I mean, who will still cater to us, those who don't care about cloud gaming nor ever want to use a cloud gaming service?

Jun 22, 2019
I think consoles will always be a thing.
Like my Nintendo switch, there's something about grabbing it and just turning the screen on no matter where I am and not needing a wifi connection.

I started out on the OG Gameboy. And I have a thing for holding shit I guess.

I think theirs room for all the platforms.
And I support all of them because they all have certain games that I love.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Honestly this is a dystopia, i rather give up gaming forever than being forced to use cloud gaming.

Coatsink

Jun 22, 2019
This sounds pretty realistic. The details might not be exact ,but the synopsis seems logical. Remember Polaroids, walkmen, camcorders, floppy disks, CDs, hell even SD cards in phones. It's all a matter of time. Once tech catches up and owning the hardware becomes more of an inconvenience than a benefit we'll be streaming exclusively.

How many of y'all still buy physical disks for your consoles ? How is digital copies much different from streaming? It's just another step in the same direction.

Jun 22, 2019
In few years a lot can change. Game library will grow and exclusives Stadia and new features. Hardware will be limitation for what can be implemented in consoles etc while streaming dont really have that limit. They can upgrade what ever and whenever they want.

I dont buy games on stadia now as Im not really interested in current lineup but Cyberpunk, Doom and Baldurs Gate I'll get on Stadia.

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
well it doesn't have a reason yet. but once all of it's features come in full effect there won't be any reason to use GFN unless you want to play with standard features