Hey devs/techies! Curious about the hardware and software stack for google stadia? Check the link below, for the dev site!

Coatsink22

Jun 22, 2019
The hardware in stadias platform is different from a computer in that their platform is single purpose and the hardware can thus be fine tuned much better for their needs compared to other graphics cards

It's a bit like an embedded system, sure they might not have a lot of raw power, but the combination of hardware and software makes them very good at the specific task they're designed to do

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
I agree with most of what you're saying here, I think you're getting downvoted by people who are having trouble getting past your complaicency to see your valid point.

I got as far as 'whats your tax ID?' before I gave up on browsing the info. The info is available at that page, but you've gotta be ready to go or already going to work with Stadia, which is an unfortunate barrier to entry. I think they could get a lot more interest if they offered better dev tool transparency and documentation up front.

Maybe I'm just thinking of things wrong, but I'd personally love to be able to hook into Stadia for non-gaming applications. They honestly may be holding back with plans of Android TV integration later/soon, but to have no clear dev roadmap (aside from working for Google) on a brand new platform is probably frustrating to many developers...to that point, this link isn't much help.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
I agree, but this is just the marketing page. It is just there to get people to sign up, once in they will obviously get more information than that.