Hardware upgrades sooner than we think?

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
Right now with Stadia being in early access (limited availability without base), the number of blades they need for the user base is relatively low. Google knows they need enough blades to keep people from having to cue up, especially for pro members.

It may not make sense for them to continue purchasing and building blades with the current hardware. If they have to buy new blades to ramp up servers in preparation for the launch of base, and next gen consoles around the corner, it would make sense to start installing better hardware.

🤷‍♂️

Coatsink

Jun 22, 2019
Another thing they could do is use the lower powered instances to run games that are not as intensive. So you bring in new, high performance hardware for Doom and use the old stuff for Stacks on Stacks.

Coatsink22

Jun 22, 2019
Can you link to any articles or posts on this sub about that. I’m really curious about details(not just hardware details)

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Yeah at this point it’s all speculation. A lot of people assumed base would be widely available at the end of the 3 months of free pro. I agree most people feel it is a ways off, and it probably is. I’m just making a case that it is reasonably possible that we could see hardware improvements in line with next gen console releases / base public availability.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
I think optimization is only part of the story. I agree developing specifically for stadia should produce better results, but the Vega 56 is also under powered compared to upcoming consoles.

A strong point to optimization is Division 2. Wow that game runs amazing. It still has graphical issues mind you.

Teraflops are a bad measurement tool. Yes stadia has lots of them but the overall structure of next gen consoles will perform significantly better. You can’t even compare PS4 to PS5 in terms of teraflops. It’s apples and oranges.