Top 5 Reasons I am switching from PS4 to Stadia

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
So the Playstation blood runs deep in this family (I am sure Phil Harrison understands). Loyal since the PS1, and our four gamer household has 2 PS Pro's and a PS 4 Slim. Like many of you founders, I have been following the promise of cloud gaming for quite some time and even though one of the selling points is that this a Google thing so it could work, I am more impressed by the team they have put together of visionaries from the gaming industry. Very exciting time but I also wanted to share the top 5 reasons I am making the jump.

1. House has four gamers, six potential screens (plus a couple of those cool Nest Hubs).
2. Upgrading to PS5 in my situation to get access across all my screens will probably end up costing me close to 3k. Even if the PS5 comes in at the price of the current-gen, there will be the accessories.
3. One Controller Per Gamer!!!!! Right now for the three consoles, we have eight controllers floating around. The Stadia is all about TIDY ;).
4. N O M O R E F A N N O I S E S - As a gamer dad, I do most of my gaming late at night and if I am trying to play No Man's Sky at 4k on the PS4 Pro the neighbors will call the cops because it's SOOOOO LOUD!!!!! (PS. HOW IS THIS NOT IN EVERY INTRO VIDEO FOR THE STADIA??)
5. Feels like a good time for a fresh start collection in this digital age - Games library loss is a heavy one with that much equity on the platform, but at least we have Cross-Save trending. Having waited to dive back into Destiny 2 until Stadia, that's what I will say to comfort myself. (Proof of Previous Purchase Discount Program would kill be a COUP)

There you go. What are your reasons?

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
connection has to be at least 250mbit and more (roughly calculated 50mbit rounded up per player x 4 + netflix + other stuff happening. I wouldn't go lower than 300mbit for sure.