The Division 2 announced as a launch title for Google Stadia game streaming service

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
I wonder if this works for those who own it on PC/PS4/Xbox already and if the saves will work between all? Wouldn't really want to start over and lose progress on PC, but would be nice to jump between playing on PC.

My guess, it would merge your game data on PC only, for now.

All that being said, looks like I will be able to manage my inventory while on the toilet come ~November time frame.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
I still think that nothing beats dedicated hardware. I'll never not play a game at home on my PC/Console. But all that being said, if I want to mess around somewhere and play on my pixel phone to do some daily projects or manage inventory while I wait in line somewhere, I might be down for that.

I know there's always been a request for an open API to build and develop inventory management apps. But this is probably the closest we'll get to that.

As for casual gamers, as long as you have a solid internet connection with no data caps, this isn't that bad of an option.

[However, this is my connection on my phone, sitting at my desk at work.](https://i.imgur.com/zmyqJ1X.png) but I've seen above the 10Mbps requirement elsewhere in my building. I'd need to find a good bathroom with a strong cell signal haha.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
I don't see that as a challenge. It's better than console, because you get 60fps. That alone would make it easier than current generation consoles.

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
Google has is servers closer to you than just about anyone outside of Amazon. Current stream services don't have a data center likely less than an hour from your home. Makes it the best of what we can do now.

For dedicated hardware gamers, this will never be as good. But as far as total latency there could be cases where it can be damn close and probably indistinguishable to a casual gamer.

Compared to console gaming. Playing Division 2 on your TV in 4k@60fps at highest settings blows away Xbox X and Ps4 pro performance but still not able to touch 100+ fps gameplay on PC. Furthermore, consoles typically use vsync so you inherently get added delay.