CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
**WHAT:** Final Fantasy XV

**WHEN:** 19 -- 20 November 2019

**WHERE:** Google Stadia

**OFFICIAL /R/FFXV DISCORD SERVER:** https://discord.gg/ffxv

---
---

# [Launch Trailer](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrWyBaT4oys)

**Press Release**

*FINAL FANTASY XV*, an RPG that continues to be beloved around the world, is now available as a launch title on Stadia. Not only does it support Vulkan on Luminous Engine, but it is also optimized for a streaming environment for comfortable gameplay.

In addition to the main game, this version also includes the eight downloadable content packs, a multitude of items, and free updates that were released on the console versions.

Enjoy the “Crazy Challenge” content in *FINAL FANTASY XV*.

INCLUDES

* FINAL FANTASY XV (same contents as ROYAL EDITION) main game

* FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL PACK DLC

* FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE GLADIOLUS

* FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE PROMPTO

* FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE IGNIS

* FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE ARDYN

* FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER: COMRADES
**^*Matching ^will ^only ^be ^among ^Stadia ^users**

* FINAL FANTASY XV BOOSTER PACK+

* FINAL FANTASY XV HOLIDAY PACK+ **^*”Carnival ^Passport” ^will ^not ^be ^included ^with ^“FINAL ^FANTASY ^XV ^HOLIDAY ^PACK+”**

* Minigame collection “Crazy Challenge” (New feature for Stadia Version)

The “Crazy Challenge” content includes:

* Challenge Rally: additional Regalia Type-D races.
* Expert Duel: additional fights with enemies such as the !Deathgaze!< that were previously only available within Comrades.
* Endless Magitek Armour (Exosuits).
* Magna Flight: challenge quests involving the Regalia Type-F.

---

[Dengeki Online*](https://web.archive.org/web/20191120071151/https://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/684/1684090/), and [Game Watch](https://web.archive.org/web/20191120072445/https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1219616.html) have released articles stating that the Crazy Challenge content will be available via a Challenges option on the title screen, and will include further functionality such as equipment and status restrictions.

However, please note that no press releases have currently been provided in English, and what has been released may be subject to change. Further information is pending.

# Additional Information

The Google Stadia price point is $129 USD, and in order to play FINAL FANTASY XV with the new additional content will require a purchasing either the Founders/Premier Editions of the Stadia in order to gain 3 months free access to Stadia Pro, which in turn enables access to the game library which includes FINAL FANTASY XV.

The standalone price for FINAL FANTASY XV is $39.99 USD, and for Stadia Pro subscribers it is discounted down to $29.99 USD. The standalone version does not require the Stadia Pro subscription, but it requires the standalone Google Stadia release.

Please note: the announced $10 USD subscription to Stadia Pro is not currently available, and neither is the base edition of the Google Stadia which is pending release in 2020.

Furthermore, the Google Stadia is only available within 14 countries currently: United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland. Additional countries will be included through 2020.

----
----
# Additional Links

* [Frequently Asked Questions](https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/ci6ktz/frequently_asked_questions/).
* [Technical Support Guide](https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/wiki/tech_support).

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
I wouldn't hold my breath for it, or <insert community salt related topic or interest of your choice as you know my usual issues on these things by now.

Having this happen after how Dawn of the Future was framed and handled just comes across as more salt in a still rather open wound, and this is from someone not even interested (despite having already read DOTF) certain content.

Coatsink22

Jun 22, 2019
It's increasingly common in games, but in this specific situation, how depressing is it that the people who bought the base, vanilla game (and helped fund the rest of it) ended up getting screwed so badly? Royal Edition came out, PC version came out, Stadia version comes out, all with extras and they probably paid less than $60 if they waited long enough.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
Hajime Tabata didn't know that they were gonna turn his dev team into a studio of its own. The creation of the Luminous Studio cost Squar Enix enough to register losses and is the reason as to why the reason of the FFXV was cancelled. I imagine they didn't cancel Ardyn's because it was already in dev.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Yeah after everything they promised was cancelled, the idea that content is added on yet another platform Royally pisses me off. lol

stadiagames

Jun 16, 2019
it's most likely that this was done a long time ago and was just waiting for the release fo the Stadia, either way the best thing we can do is to vote with our wallets

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
They'll still make millions off the others who will buy each edition of the game at release for full price

I look at street fighter V champion edition announcement, I saw the prices and thought capcom gave a huge middle finger to everyone who bought the game originally: $29.99 for full version; $24.99 for upgrade for existing SFV users.

What in the actual fuck?

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, seems like a bit of middle finger to day 1 supporters. And first few months of release is supposedly where most of a games money comes from.

I absolutely do not mind exclusive games. If google went out and funded a kick ass triple A title exclusive to stadia then more power to them. In fact, I think they should do that. But paying a publisher to re-release a game on your platform with some added content, or a publisher doing it on their own just to try and get people to double dip is fucking lazy.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Development is over, and the Google Stadia version of the game was announced prior to confirmation about development having ceased.

I don't really think it's particularly likely as they're also excluding the Carnival related items from the Stadia version.

I would like to see the Carnival return at the very least, but again I don't think it will happen at this rate.

That said, I do agree about how it feels in general. I bought the VIII Remaster and was disappointed to see new glitches were introduced with that rendition. I have not, and likely will not be purchasing the VII remake in the future.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
I'm not that pressed about the exclusive content. As someone who lusted after the Final Fantasy X-2 International content for years (exclusive combat outfits, map locations/stories and gorgeous exclusive music), until they finally brought it to the HD version of the game, this is a historical consistency to me. And not just with Square.

Thing is, we have a solution to the "international edition" problem, in the form of DLC.

FF15 already had its International Edition, which was the Royal Edition. Except player had the option to just buy a $15 DLC upgrade instead of rebuying it. Same thing with the upcoming DLC for KH3.

That being said, PC users need to come together and threaten a class action lawsuit regarding the level editor, and I'm screaming this to the hills.

No argument here. It still kills me that they haven't even commented on it...and I know several people who double dipped for the PC version due to the promise of a mod kit.

At the very least, they can just say "hey, shit happens, we had to cancel the mod tools. We are deeply sorry". Fans can understand that. Instead, they just ignored it and never commented on it.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
I'm not holding my breath on that as the Challenge mode has been announced the same way Avatara and the like was for the Windows Edition.

The JP community have been reaching out to various staff involved in this and expressing their interest, but given interest was expressed in other aspects like undelivered things in relation to the base game or Windows Edition still hasn't been met or really acknowledged... I'm very doubtful.

The additional details that have turned up via JP media outlets raises a few questions as the descriptions sound like specific requests from the majority of the community, but it seems quite bizarre to bundle it in for Stadia alone as it isn't even available in most countries currently.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
It's sort of. It's one where you stream, but you don't actually download the game content or really own it outright with how the storefront is arranged currently.

You stream and subscribe. There's been very little information about purchasing titles individually, or if this will change in the future.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
It is stated to be Stadia exclusive, so I am highly doubtful. I expect this to be like the Windows Edition exclusive content.