Most Desired Features for Next-Gen Xbox

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
[https://www.windowscentral.com/what-i-want-see-next-gen-xbox-scarlett-consoles](https://www.windowscentral.com/what-i-want-see-next-gen-xbox-scarlett-consoles)

I see this list and disagree with what's most important to me. What do you guys want?

**Breakdown from the link**:

1. **Faster OS**: Sure, I'll take it, but I spend like 1% of my time in the dashboard and it doesn't get in my way.
2. **Improve the social experience**: Again, I'll take it, but as long as I have an easy and reliable party system, I'm good. I don't share content very often.
3. **Better apps**: Again, I won't complain, but the only thing I'd like a quality app for is downloading new games/updates and sharing content easily from a phone/computer. Aside from preparing to play a game later on, I generally am not looking to be on some gaming app.
4. **Accessories/VR/share button on controller**: This seems too generic in the article, but I'll share some thoughts.
\- I'd like to see VR support just to help push the tech development forward, but for me personally, I need VR to be wireless and closer to Ready Player One before I'm really interested in diving in.
\- I have no issues with the current Xbox accessories, though I'd like to see USB-C for controllers.
5. **Games**: I think everyone obviously wants this, specifically some killer 1st party games.

**My top 5 list would be**:

1. **1st party games**: I want to have games that make PS owners jealous of Xbox like I am at times jealous of the PS games.
2. **Raytracing**: Even if the lighting is much lower resolution, I think this is a bigger impact than higher resolution based on videos I've seen.
3. **Backwards compatibility that automatically enhances games**: Right now we have X Enhanced BC games, but only a very small, curated list. I'd love to see the hardware automatically scale BC games to 4K and run at 60 fps where possible.
4. **Faster loading**: I see games like Destiny 2 and Witcher 3 and would love for the loading times to be faster. I also see how fast games can load with Google Stadia and would love to be able to jump into playing games quicker.
5. **Social gaming**: The Google Stadia feature that lets you play a specific part of somebody else's game looks amazing and I want something like that for Xbox. I think it could open the door to all kinds of new challenges, competition with friends, and leaderboards. I also would like to see the feature from Mixer that lets you give control to a friend to play for you baked more directly into the system.

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
I get this, but what's the end goal of it? What specific feature do you want the faster hardware to enable? Or do you just want the specs to be better for those that care to bring them to Xbox instead of the competition?

Google Stadia

Apr 22, 2019
Something that competes with legend of zelda. A sort of open world-ish dark souls with smooth and accessible controls and systems. That would be the perfect addition to the Xbox first party games. Fable wasn't really my thing, too cartoony and fantastical, but not having that has really left a void. Ashen is nice and all but ultimately it's not really a big triple A title.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
IMO it's the headsets that should have the mixer built-in. I think it would make the controller less comfortable. I love the volume and mixer dials on my LS 35X headset.

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
I want Bluetooth, but at the same time, Bluetooth is laggy and is poor quality with just 2 channels (stereo).

I'm fine with Xbox Wireless and a headphone jack on controllers if you want to you your own headphones.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
Swappable hard drive would be a great feature!

And I agree with raytracing and backwards compatibility too!!