Hey Google! take my Gaming Data and sell it...as long as I get ads to games/accessories I like

DOOM Eternal

Jun 22, 2019
Google is one of the best companies at accruing Big Data, and I can easily see how this can flow over to Stadia. I have said in the past that I wouldn’t mind if Google gives us a short survey after each gaming session. The questions will be directed towards genres I like and the accessories I use. I mean let’s face it, Google will get Data on our gaming habits: what time we play, Where we play, What device we use, and what Genres we like. And I am completely fine with it, I just want to make sure that the ads we will eventually see will be for games that we are interested in and the accessories we like. (My worst fear is that I play a fighting game once, just to see what it’s like and than I get ads for it. As long as I keep seeing ads I’m interested in I am fine with it.)

What about ya’ll out there? Would you mind seeing ads after a game session, would you mind Google or game developers knowing your gaming habits? I guess what I’m asking is, in exchange for your personal information on the way you play games, would you let Google send you all the gaming news you’d ever need straight into your Stadia account? (in the “News” section of course)

Also Google please make sure that if you host ads on Stadia that they’re only shown on the “shop” page, I do not want to see ads in my gaming library, social page, or anywhere else.

Just had a thought: I wonder if Google will give you percentage off toward a game if you fill out a lengthy survey, I mean I would totally spend 10 minutes filling out questions if that means i get 20 bucks taken off a game. Especially a AAA title.

**Edit** Show your opinion on this matter, Google is listening. If you don’t like it down vote it, and leave a short meaningful comment. Remember, your opinion matters.

CoolStadia

Apr 23, 2019
You'd better cancel that subscription buddy, cos there is absolutely going to be ads on Stadia. Just like there is on PlayStation, Xbox, Netflix, Prime, etc etc.

Coatsink

Jun 22, 2019
What if the ads or surveys were critiqued to you? You were able to give your opinion on what you just played. Does it also matter if the developers of the game were able to see your opinion too?

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
There are adverts all over Xbox, even with Gold and GamePass. I expect nothing different from Stadia.

The Pro subscription does not feature any reduction in adverts, so I would also not expect it to differ from Base.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
My thinking was that the actual game developers could also be the ones creating the surveys so they can see first hand how games like they’re game. Or instead of a survey maybe a short opinion piece about they’re play time or something. I just want to make sure that Google shares information with the people who make the games, so they can make games tailored to “our” likes as gamers. For instance, NO LOOTBOXES!!!