Google Stadia is the first early access video game console

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
I've stopped caring about correcting people. But when I read that part I though to myself "you can use a desktop/mouse/keyboard at launch, idiot."

Jun 22, 2019
You dont need them but you still HAVE to buy them if you want early access, Destiny 2, name picking dibs.

I didnt preorder, but might have if they werent selling me redundant hardware.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
Side note, if *any* Chrome client works does that mean I could use my phone (not a Pixel) long before it's officially supported by just running it on Chrome?

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
Psnow beta was awesome. Full service for free during beta period which was like a year iirc. Catalog wasn't nearly as large but was still cool to be a part of.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
With my luck, the next free game will be the one I end up buying to play in the beginning.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
This is the way I look at it too. The entry is so cheap, I am so dumbfounded at the hate. Skepticism is understandable, but I have GeForce Now and was able to finish Wolfenstein NWO on it, and start Doom (shitty PC at the time.) I was part of Project Stream too, and was super impressed (didn't care for the game tho). I bought an expensive new gaming PC this year, and love it. It's still not swaying me from buying into Stadia. In fact the future proof of Stadia (given proper internet access) is a selling point after my previous PC couldn't keep up with the current games.

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
I was about to post the same. It isn't a console. It's likely closer to a PC hardware wise, but really it's its own thing.

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
Not a huge Google fan, but it seems like a big portion of the Google graveyard is just old generation stuff that Google refreshed with new apps, products, or models.

For example, it lists the Chromebook Pixel, but that device wasn’t killed, it was succeeded by the Pixelbook (and now Pixelbook Go).

Same with Google Nexus / Project Ara - Pixel Phones

Same with Nexus Player - Chromecast

Same with Hangouts / Allo - Chat

Same with Word Lens - Translate

To be fair, there are also legitimate products on the list that were not refreshed. But it feels like a lot of entries were added just to inflate the numbers.