Does the Stadia controller have Gyroscopic Tech?

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
Hi. While browsing through the specs of the controller, does the [Stadia controller](https://store.google.com/us/product/stadia_specs?hl=en-US) happen to have Gyroscopic technology? I didn't notice this until now. I believe the PS4 DualShock controller has one but I don't know if this would be implemented to the Stadia controller. Otherwise, I'm pretty bummed out. I think it needs it for any game developers who plan to use this type of technology in their games. I thought it would standard for game controllers to have gyroscopes. May never know if they plan to shift the Google Play Store with Stadia as well. You could have more functionality with racing games or have a precision shooting with the gyroscopic feature.

If they don't have the gyroscopic feature as of now, I will get their new controller when they do plan to sell one with Gyroscope. Or if there's another way, like being able to take advantage of the USB-C port on the controller, I kinda hope that they add some sort of accessory attachment like extra battery pack, gyroscopic antenna, connectable keyboard, etc. I'm probably just overcomplicating it but it would be neat.

\-----

* **Dimensions**
* 163 mm (6.42 in) x 105 mm (4.13 in) x 65 mm (2.56 in)
* **Weight**
* 268g (9.45 oz)
* **Wi-Fi®**
* Dual-band (2.4GHz / 5GHz) IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac connectivity
* **Bluetooth®¹**
* Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2 (BLE)¹
* **Headset jack**
* 3.5mm headset jack for headsets with or without microphone
* **USB**
* USB-C™ port for charging, wired gameplay, and accessories such as USB-C headsets. HID-compliant
* **Google Assistant button and microphone**
* Google Assistant button to trigger microphone²
* **Capture button**
* Quick access to image and video capture
* **Battery**
* Internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery
* **Colors**
* Night Blue

Wolfenstein

Jun 22, 2019
Wow. Thank you for updating me from their podcast. I thought they would because they work with Google and it seems like that they could port over the Google Playstore that do have games that take advantage of the gyroscopic feature. May never know if they do plan to port the Play Store games to Stadia in the future. It looks like one of those possibilities that could be possible.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
Also decreases the amount of input and upload to the servers, minor but interesting

Bungie

Jun 22, 2019
I think it's a joke that they want to keep the price low while there's Microsoft selling Xbox Elite Controllers for nearly $200. For people who are buying the Founder's Edition, it seems like they are trying to sell out more of their Chromecast instead of the controller itself.

Destiny

Jun 22, 2019
It’s a big deal on the switch. Gyro aiming. People swear by it for FPS games on switch. I know my gf is a beast with a bow and arrow in botw with gyro controls.